Following is a series written by Doug DeMaw, W1FB, between January 1984 and July 1985 that appeared in QST magazine.
The following articles are linked to the ARRL site.
If you are interested in the electronics side of Amateur Radio, then please read them.
They are an excellent tutorial on the electronics aspect of Amateur radio and how things work.
- Getting into Amateur Radio Electronics
- How to Read a Schematic Diagram
- Understanding Resistors
- Getting to Know Capacitors
- Introduction to Coils and Transformers
- The World of Switches and Relays
- Meet the Versatile Diode
- The Magic of Transistors
- Radio Antennas and How They Operate
- How Recievers Work
- The Basics of Transmitters
- The Amateur and Electrical Safety
- Radio Waves and Communications Distance
- Understanding TV and Radio Interference
- Diodes and How They Are Used
- Resonance and Tuning Methods
- Understanding FM Transmitters
- Understanding FM Recievers
- Equipping Your First Ham Station