This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1042
Release Date: February 16, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Will Rogers, K5WLR, Amy Jo Clarke, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:15:32
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
- HAM RADIO 2019 Set for June 21-23 in Friedrichshafen, Germany
- AO-85 Turned Off due to Return of Eclipse Periods and Poor Battery Condition
- FCC Invites Comments on Amateur Radio-Related Petition for Rule Making
- Wireless Institute of Australia WIA Hands Off Amateur Radio Exam and Call Sign Management
- WWV 100th Anniversary Special Event Operation in the Planning Stages
- US Amateur Radio Population Grows Slightly in 2018
- ARISS Plans Do-Over of Slow-Scan TV Transmissions over February 15-17 Weekend
- US Navy Explores Amateur Radio as a Training Adjunct
- ARRL Foundation Holds Annual Meeting under New Leadership
- Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH, to Oversee Volunteer Monitors Development and Implementation and a lot more!
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast
- RAIN SPECIAL: A Talk by former WBBM NewsRadio host Dick Chelton, W9CTY.
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.