This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1037 / #1038 Combined Edition
Release Date: January 19, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by George W2XBS, and Will Rogers, K5WLR, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:31:34
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
- Japanese Ham Receives License to Operate in Myanmar
- Court Rules Excessive Antenna Application Fees Violated Reasonable Accommodation
- AMSAT Announces 50th Anniversary Awards Program
- US Islands Awards Program Announces 25th Anniversary Award, Recent Rule Changes
- Gabor Horvath, VE7JH, is Radio Amateurs of Canada 2018 Amateur of the Year
- December YOTA Month Activity Records More Than 80,000 Contacts
- ARRL Board of Directors’ Annual Meeting to Welcome New Members
- Over-the-Horizon Radar Reported on 15 Meters
- Registration is Open for QRP-ARCI Four Days in May 2019
- New General Class Question Pool Released, Effective July 1st
- Winter Field Day 2019 is January 26th and 27th
- Nominations Solicited for Six ARRL Awards
- HamSCI 2019 Workshop Set for March in Cleveland, Call for Papers Issued
- Google Assistant available via Ham Radio
- Amateur Radio Applications in Limbo as Partial Shutdown Continues
- North American Collegiate Championship Expanded to NAQP RTTY
- New D-Star ONE Nanosatellites Launched; Es’hail Testing Under Way
- Bulgaria to Host the 2019 Youngsters On The Air Summer Camp
- RTTY and FT8 Successfully Coexist in 2019 ARRL RTTY Roundup
- US Senate Confirms Geoffrey Starks and Brendan Carr to Full FCC Terms
- Tickets Available for HamVentiion and Florida HamCation Convention-Related Dinners
- Historic Schooner that Carried Ham Radio on Arctic Expeditions Undergoing Additional Restoration
- W1AW Seeking West Coast Qualifying Run Volunteer Station
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast
- The Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY presents the story of “Reginald” as enchanced for theatre of the mind, by the late Bill Baran, N2FNH/SK
- Final Update on the Worked All Grid Squares contest.
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.